VRayToC4D Material Converter
It’s an useful Cinema 4D plugin that converts all V-Ray material inside a scene to C4D equivalent
The intent is to support .FBX and similar file export and NOT to make a full material conversion. This means not all V-Ray features are supported. Because only bitmaps are supported by export formats, this plugin has focus on them.
Cinema 4D does not support materials during export if they are not internal. So this plugin tries to limit this gap.
On the other hand it not (yet) supports other kind of shaders.
- Added compatibility with V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D. Also mantained compatibility with older 3.7 version.
- Support for V-Ray 5 Metallic and Coat features.
- Support for Displacement:
V-Ray 5 geometry tag if present will be converted into C4D material displacement channel.
Example of many V-Ray 5 feature supported
- V-Ray supported up to Vers. 3.7.
- Added compatibility with Cinema 4D R23.
- Added report message when materials or shaders skipped from conversion.
- Changed default option value of “Purge Old and Unused Materials” to True.
- Changed default option value of “Do not discard C4D shaders” to True.
- Fixed failure when used PowerShader other than Bitmap and AdvancedBitmap(but not yet supported)
- Fixed failure when no tags are present on the left of material tags
- Fixed failure on registering plugin for Mac users
- Fixed Roughness values
- Added Support for V-Ray Displacement Material
- Support for all colors in primary Vray channels
- Support for Add, Subtract, Multiply and Normal mixing feature under each texture channel
- Support for V-Ray Bitmap(Power Shader), V-Ray Advanced Bitmap, and simple C4D Bitmap.
- Support for V-Ray 2 Sided Material (Will be replaced by Front Side Material)
- Possibility to choose conversion for all materials in document or only for selected.
- Possibility to clean all old and unassigned materials after conversion (also sorting)
- Normal/Bump channel automatic assigment
- Possibility to not discard all C4D original shaders
In future (hope close) version the following feature are in the workshop:
- Possibility to not discard all not supported shaders.
- Possibility to Bake all shaders(non bitmaps) into bitmaps.
- Choose Bake resolution.
- Support for more V-Ray material types.
- Support for more than one V-Ray specular channel.
- After downloading VRayToC4D.zip file extract it into your Cinema 4D plugin folder (E.G.: “C:\Program files\Maxon CInema 4D R 21\plugins”)
- At first execution you’ll be asked to fill with email and license key (you received by email)
After that, you’ll never request for this info.
Remember that a license key is valid only on one machine.
If you reset your hardware or change Cinema 4D installation, plugin won’t work.
You can contact us if the case.
Vers. 1.x Options Dialog
Vers. 2.x Option Dialog.
- Only Selected Materials
Will convert only materials active in Materials view.
- Purge Old and Unused Materials
At the end of process will purge all unused materials and sort them.
- Skip C4D Shaders (Vers. 2.x) / Do not discard C4D Shaders (Vers. 1.x)
Allow C4D shaders different from Bitmap to be converted or not.
Example of conversion:
NOTE: VRayToC4D Material Converter acts only on materials assigned to objects (or if you prefer on objects with material tags assigned).
Download VRayToC4D Material Converter from Gumroad: